Classroom Shopping List for the After Christmas Sales

Teachers are savvy shoppers.  We wait for sales, use coupons and scour dollar stores for classroom necessities.  The sales right after Christmas are the perfect time to stock up on goodies for your classroom.  Here are a few ideas for things to toss in your shopping cart.

Wrapping Paper
As the self-proclaimed Bulletin Board Lady, I am always on the look out for fabulous rolls of wrapping paper that will look great on bulletin boards.  During the after Christmas sales I look for patterns that will work at other times of the year.  Snowflake patterns look great in January.  Red stripes and patterns work well for Valentine's Day in February.  Think outside the season!

Paper Plates
I love using plates for movement activities all year round.  I've used the to illustrate form, as percussion instruments and even for costumes.  I purchase discounted plates during the after Christmas sales to use as bulletin board borders.

Tablecloths
I'm always on the look out for tablecloths that may work on the tables that I lay my programs on at winter concerts.  They also look great on a bulletin board.  During busy Decembers they have been the only thing I've had time to get up on a bulletin board.



Plastic Cups
Need cups for cup games in your classroom?  You can get an entire classroom set for just a few dollars.  My students don't mind the seasonal designs because they are tapping and smacking them more than looking at them anyway.

Lights
Fifty percent off sales are a great time to stock up on lights.  Rope lights are great for stage decor or to brighten up your classroom with a little twinkle.  Add them to bulletin boards or around your whiteboard to light up those spaces.
You might also find larger light sets or inflatables that would look great on a stage for December performances.  Buying them for 50% off or more makes your money go farther.  

I hope these ideas help you snag some great bargains for your classroom!


No comments